Monday, February 17, 2014

We're almost there, folks!

In 8 days, I will do something that will drastically change someone's life.  In 8 days, I will be an organ donor.  In some people's eyes, this will make me a super hero.  In my eyes, I will just be me.  Gina, but with one less kidney.  I wonder if the hospital gives out capes as parting gifts?  That would be funny; you get a cape when you sign your discharge papers.  "Thanks for giving away your kidney, here's your shiny green cape.  Sidekick not included."  Speaking of parting gifts, did you know that there is a market for transplant donor and recipient gifts?!?! For some strange reason, I decided to Google funny recipient gifts, and lo and behold, the first two websites that came up were CafePress and Zazzle.  They each have tons of those useless (read: tote bags that you'll never use and keychains destined for the junk drawer) trinkets that people love to give.  Some of the stuff is cute and funny, but nothing I would buy.  There are people who love that kind of stuff though, so now you know!  

Tomorrow is "Bye bye Old Couch Day" and Wednesday the new furniture is being delivered.  The house has been as thoroughly cleaned as I can possibly get it, save for scrubbing the walls and ceiling with bleach.  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!  Clean floors, bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom.  Groceries, check-ish (still need a few things).  At this point, I can't even think of what else I need to do.  I'm just winging it, not gonna lie.  The next week is going to be a whirlwind, for sure.  Can't wait!

Off to bed, I'm wiped out!  Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment