Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pointless Post

I'm really only posting because I feel like I haven't in a really long time; in truth, it's only been a week.  Tomorrow is both J's and my pre-op appointment.  His is exponentially more lengthy than mine, and for the life of me, I can't remember what exactly he has to do tomorrow.  I will be signing my consent forms and meeting with my surgical team.  I already had all my pre-op labs done (yes, more blood and peeing into cups) last week.  We're getting down to it, peeps; 14 days, nine hours till The Great Kidney Swap of 2014.  Tomorrow is also the day I *should* be purchasing my new couches!  SQUEEEEE!  I am ridiculously excited.  I am a simple creature, I know.  Nothing else very exciting happening here.  Actually, this past week has been really kind of emotional for me.  So many different things are going on inside my head that I am kind of having a hard time dealing with it.  PLEASE NOTE: this has no bearing on the transplant whatsoever!!!  This is due to outside circumstances (read: dwindling support) as this process goes on.  As I said previously, I have some amazing friends, co-workers, and a few family members that still give a damn and have been an amazing source of strength.  Thank you all!  I will never forget how much you all supported me.  The rest is what it is.  I can't change it, I can only move past it, and I am starting to.  I just keep telling myself that the most important thing in all of this is that J is healthy and that he buys me those fries.  

Anyway, how about that awesome snowstorm the East Coast is supposed to get, huh?  It's supposed to start here in Maryland tomorrow evening and from what I hear, continue through till Thursday evening.  ICK!!!  

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment